MARINE SCHOLARSHIPS (UNIVERSITY LEVEL)
ASMI MARINE & OFFSHORE UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
ASMI and its member companies also offer the ASMI Marine & Offshore Undergraduate (MOU) Scholarships to final year Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) students in Nanyang Technological University, taking the marine and offshore specialisation programme.
- Open to full-time School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering students in Nanyang Technological University opting for the Marine & Offshore Engineering Final Year Specialisation.
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Students in recipient of other scholarships with bond will not be eligible to apply for this Scholarship.
2. Scholarship Award
- The value of the Scholarship is S$10,000.
- The Scholarship comes with a one-year bond. The recipient would be bonded to the sponsoring company for one year upon joining the company after graduation.
- All recipients will be required to sign a bond agreement with the sponsoring Company and provide two sureties.
- The surety must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident, and be at least 21 years of age. He/She must not have been declared a bankrupt by any court of law, and is gainfully employed with earnings of S$2,000.00 or more per month.
3. General Rules and Regulations
- The Scholarship will be awarded at the discretion of the sponsoring companies after the selection interview.
- Academic excellence, outstanding co-curricular activities record and good character of the candidates will be considered in the selection process.
The Scholarship may be withdrawn on the following grounds:
- Poor progress in studies,
- Poor conduct,
- Incorrect facts or information furnished in the application or interview, or
- Court prosecution for criminal offences.
4. Submission Requirements
- Application for scholarship must be made in the prescribed ASMI-MOU Scholarship Application Form. The form is available form the Vice-Dean (Academic) Office in the School of MAE.
- The applicant must submit copies of the following documents together with his/her applications:
- Detailed results (transcripts) of all examinations taken in the School of MAE,
- A copy of their GCE ‘O’ level results or equivalent,
- A copy of their GCE ‘A’ level results or equivalent (if applicable); and
- A copy of their polytechnic results (if applicable).
- Failure to supply documents or information, submission of false particulars or suppression of material facts will disqualify the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a selection interview.
5. Penalty for Non-Compliance of Bond
- A Scholarship recipient who is unable to compete the course satisfactorily or if after graduation is unwilling to fulfill his/her bond obligations by serving out his/her bond with his/her sponsoring company, will be required to pay liquidatory damages to the Company.
- Liquidatory damage will comprise quantum of the award value already paid up by the company to the recipient plus interest at the discretion of the Company but not exceeding bank rates on study loan.
6. Sponsoring Companies
- Keppel Offshore and Marine Ltd
- Sembcorp Marine Ltd
For enquiries on the Marine and Offshore Engineering Specialisation and information on
the scholarship, please contact:
Mr Ang Hock Eng
School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
Tel: 6790 5512
Email: [email protected]
ASMI−MARINE TECHNOLOGY SCHOLARSHIP
1. The Association of Singapore Marine Industries-Marine Technology (ASMI-MT)
Scholarship is available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Engineering in
Naval Architecture / Marine Engineering / Offshore Technology with Honours
programme offered by the Newcastle University (NU) and Singapore Institute
of Technology (SIT).
2. The scholarships are sponsored by:
· Keppel Offshore and Marine Ltd
· Sembcorp Marine Ltd