There are three categories of membership:
· Ordinary Member
· Associate Member
· Honorary Member
Any Singapore-registered company whose main business in Singapore are ship repairing, shipbuilding, rig building, marine engineering, marine services, marine consultancy and such other marine related industries, and which has been operating for at least 2 years and with a paid-up capital of at least $100,000.
Ordinary members are entitled to all rights and privileges of the Association.
Any Singapore-registered company whose business activities are related to the marine industry and who subscribes to the objects of the Association, and which has been operating for at least 1 year and with a paid-up capital of at least $10,000.
Associate members are entitled to all rights and privileges of the Association but not eligible to hold office or vote at the General Meeting.
All exclusive classification societies and all other organizations whose activities are in the opinion of the ASMI Council directly connected with the marine industry may be invited by the Council to be admitted as honorary members.
Honorary members are entitled to all rights and privileges of the Association but not eligible to hold office or vote at the General Meeting.
Membership subscriptions are payable on an annual basis and will commence annually on the first day of May. Membership that commences after 1 May will be pro-rated. In addition, there is also a one-time non-refundable entrance fee.
Annual Subscription Fee
- Ordinary Member S$3,000 (S$3,240 with GST)
- Associate Member S$1,500(S$1,620 with GST)
Entrance Fee (one-time)
- Ordinary Member S$1,000 (S$1,080 with GST)
- Associate Member S$500 (S$540 with GST)
Application for membership must be made on a prescribed ASMI Membership Application Form.
Application form must be signed by a Proposer and a Seconder who are ASMI members. The company's representatives who sign as Proposer and Seconder must be an authorised personnel of senior managerial level.
Application must be submitted along with the ACRA Instant Business Profile Form to ASMI’s office located at
9 Jurong Town Hall Road
#04-03 Trade Association Hub
Jurong Town Hall
Among the benefits that members are entitled to are:
· Constitutional right to vote at all meetings and the right to hold office (ordinary member only)
· Concessionary rates for training courses, seminars, workshops, conference, etc, organised or conducted by ASMI
· Priority and concessionary rates for skills certification tests conducted by ASMI
· Free subscriptions for ASMI’s newsletters, annual reports and directories, etc
· Discounted rate for ASMI’s publications and activities
· Regular updates on industry relevant information and developments
· Participation in industry dialogues,
· Participation in social activities and fellowship receptions for networking
Kindly click here to download a copy of the ASMI Membership Application Form.