ASMI IN BRIEF
The Association of Singapore Marine Industries (ASMI) is a non-profit trade association formed in 1968 to promote the interests and advancement of the marine industries in Singapore. ASMI represents the different sectors of the marine and offshore industry. Its members include big and small shipyards, local and foreign manufacturers and suppliers of marine equipment and components, marine engineering and consultancy companies as well as many others whose business activities are directly related to the industry.
- To represent and promote the interests of the Association’s members and marine industry in Singapore and overseas.
- To foster closer cooperation among members and between ASMI and affiliated organizations in Singapore and internationally.
- To promote regular programmes to improve productivity, technology, skills upgrading and to raise safety, health and environmental standards in the marine industry.
- To maintain closer relationship with government and statutory boards through direct representations and regular dialogues on matters affecting the industry.
ASMI represents a wide cross-section of the marine industry. Its members’ activities include the following:
- Shiprepair and conversion
- Rigbuilding, repair and conversion
- Offshore engineering
- Air-conditioning & refrigeration services
- Corrosion control
- Electrical & electronic equipment supply and servicing
- Engine supply and servicing
- Marine engineering services
- Marine oil & lubricant products
- Marine/ Offshore equipment and materials supply
- Surveys and inspection services
- Marine design and consultancy services
Enhancing Knowledge and Skills of the Marine Workforce through:
- Organising forums, seminars and conventions
- Coordinating training courses and workshops
- Publishing manuals, guide books and checklists
- Managing industry’s skills testing and certification programmes
Promoting Collective Interests of the Marine Industry through:
- Participating in local and overseas exhibitions and trade missions
- Holding regular dialogues with government bodies and international organizations
- Publishing industry’s newsletters, annual reports, directories, etc.
Linking up and integrating the Marine Industry through:
- Representing industry in areas of collective concerns
- Organising social activities such as fellowship events, networking functions, friendly competitions, sports tournaments, etc.